As a business owner, you are no doubt aware of the complexities of handling payroll, HR issues and other matters as you expand and employ additional workers. At Tuffy & Associates, we’re all about helping our clients with these and other tasks.
To help us do that, we maintain a valuable partnership with ADP for the outsourcing of employee-related services such as payroll and benefits administration, both time-consuming tasks for small businesses.
The program is called ADP TotalSource®, and it is the nation’s largest Certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), with over 700,000 worksite employees.
Many of our construction company clients are already using ADP’s PEO, TotalSource®.
That means they don’t have to worry about the headache of doing payroll each week, plus their benefits needs are also met.
In this blog post, we take a deep dive into exactly what you can expect if you agree to participating in this valuable service, which will give you a good idea of how we are helping our clients on a day-to-day basis.
With ADP TotalSource®, we can provide accurate and timely payroll services. That means that the appropriate taxes will be taken out for each of your employees based on their individual profiles, as well as managing audit and reconciliation, deductions, garnishments, unemployment insurance and exemptions.
All the above are important in keeping our clients compliant with the ever-changing federal tax codes.
The program also helps us determine the appropriate benefit and retirement deductions for our clients’ employees.
Do you wish that you could offer Fortune 500-quality benefits to your employees?
Well, with ADP TotalSource®, we can negotiate and administer benefits on your behalf. That includes medical, dental and vision insurance.
Other types of insurance coverage that we can negotiate for your small business include accident insurance, personal loss insurance, coverage in the case of a critical illness, in addition to hospital indemnity insurance benefits.
Other important benefits that you might like to offer your workers can also be provided through our partnership with ADP.
They include 401(k) plans, life insurance plans, as well as health savings and flexible spending account programs.
Short- and long-term disability benefits are also included, something that many of our construction company clients are happy to offer their workers.
ADP also manages employee perks such as commuter benefits, as well as retail, restaurant, travel, and entertainment discounts that our clients are happy to pass on to their employees.
Depending on the size of their business, our clients can also tap into the expertise that ADP’s TotalSource® provides in terms of HR management.
That includes assistance with the hiring process, including accessing a qualified recruiter, assistance with applicant tracking, the creation of a mobile-friendly career site specifically set up to attract the best candidates, and background checks.
Workplace safety is also included in this service, including OSHA compliance and training as well as access to illness and injury prevention programs.
Advantages of the Partnership
You might be wondering what the unique advantages of such a partnership might be. Here are just a few of them.
- This is a great opportunity to get expert, strategic guidance on human resources, risk and safety, and compliance issues.
- You don’t have to hire individuals to cover the kinds of services that we provide through ADP, such as payroll. In fact, payroll, time and attendance, 401(k) benefits and insurance plans can all be integrated, avoiding the need to enter the same information multiple times, and ultimately reducing errors.
- Many of our clients have found that they now have access to high-quality, cost-effective health coverage plans at more competitive rates, something that is not always available to companies looking for this on their own.
- When it comes to tax compliance, including the monitoring of tax laws, reporting requirements, the filing of tax forms (W-2s), unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation and more, it’s always good to know that your accounting firm is keeping up with potential changes that could affect your business. Our partnership with ADP means our businesses are protected from unnecessary fines and penalties.
- Risk and safety issues are dealt with head-on. That includes providing safety audits and a review of our clients’ business environment to ensure that all workers are safe and free from accidents. If an accident does occur, ADP can conveniently handle the claims management process for our clients.
Signing on to ADP’s TotalSource® through our firm does not mean that you relinquish control of your business.
Far from it.
Neither we nor ADP can make decisions for your business, including setting salary rates, hours, or work schedules. But having a trusted accounting firm like ours to streamline the complexities and headaches of handling payroll and other time-consuming business-related tasks can make a huge difference to your business.
If you’re interested in finding out more, reach out to us at [email protected] or call our office at 914-237-3232.